Skip to content

Welcome to Owensville!!!

Construction Notice

The Start of Owensville

  • 1790s

    Surgeon General

    The town of Owensville in Stonelick Township, Clermont County stands on Dr. Richard Allison’s Revolutionary War military land grant, which was originally 441 acres. The first man to be called “Surgeon General” of the United States.

  • 1792

    Pioneer Cabin

    In 1792, pioneers built a small log cabin and deadened the timber about a mile above the mouth of Stonelick creek, but immediately were run out by the Indians

  • 1798

    Cabin Again Occupied

    Dr. Allison’s brother Henry moved into the small log cabin.

  • 1799

    Dr. Richard Allison

    Dr. Richard Allison moved into the cabin with his brother Henry and remained there until his big hewed log house was built. As owners of Stonelick Township, Dr. Allison and his brother were its first residents.

  • 1802

    Conrad Harsh

    Conrad Harsh settled on a farm north of Owensville, which later became the property of F.X. Iuen. Harsh’ Run names the stream and the surrounding land by the bridge on the east side of town, that was to be renovated in 1989

  • 1832

    Post Office

    A post office called Owensville has been in operation since 1832

    The present name is derived from Mr. Owens, the first postmaster.

  • 1836


    Owensville officially platted as Boston, its first name.