The town of Owensville in Stonelick Township, Clermont County stands on Dr. Richard Allison’s Revolutionary War military land grant, which was originally 441 acres. The first man to be called “Surgeon General” of the United States.
In 1792, pioneers built a small log cabin and deadened the timber about a mile above the mouth of Stonelick creek, but immediately were run out by the Indians
Cabin Again Occupied
Dr. Allison’s brother Henry moved into the small log cabin.
Dr. Richard Allison
Dr. Richard Allison moved into the cabin with his brother Henry and remained there until his big hewed log house was built. As owners of Stonelick Township, Dr. Allison and his brother were its first residents.
Conrad Harsh settled on a farm north of Owensville, which later became the property of F.X. Iuen. Harsh’ Run names the stream and the surrounding land by the bridge on the east side of town, that was to be renovated in 1989
A post office called Owensville has been in operation since 1832
The present name is derived from Mr. Owens, the first postmaster.
Owensville officially platted as Boston, its first name.